• Home
  • iPad
  • News
  • Rumor: Manufacturers Reportedly Begin Assembly of iPad 3

Rumor: Manufacturers Reportedly Begin Assembly of iPad 3

Rumor: Manufacturers Reportedly Begin Assembly of iPad 3

Japanese blog Macotakara posts a rumor that two of Apple’s contract manufacturers, Foxconn Electronics and Pegatron Technology have issued orders to begin assembly of next-generation iPads for an early-March launch. Macotakara has been accurate in the past when reporting rumors. 9to5Mac says that the report is based on unnamed sources out of China. It notes that the iPad 3 will look virtually identical to the iPad 2, with the same button configuration, dock connector, and position of the two cameras. This would allow many iPad 2 accessories to still work with the iPad 3, with the possible exception of form-fitting cases, as the new device will be slightly thicker, possibly to accommodate added parts inside.

Macotakara also noted that Sharp would provide panels for the device that sport a 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution.

The report notes that Pegatron would account for nearly 85 percent of iPad production with Foxconn taking care of the remaining 15 percent of manufacturing output. This division is similar to iPhone 4S manufacturing. Some reports have said that Apple wants Pegatron to primarily focus on iPad production and run an auxiliary iPhone operation while it is vice versa for Foxconn.

Reports have called for a slightly thicker tablet with a high-resolution display said to be of a Retina variety. In the meantime, information about electronic components, said to be replacement parts for the iPad 3, are leaking out of the far east. Some of these can be seen in Macotakara’s clip below.

  1. 70979 308732you use a wonderful weblog here! do you need to have to make some invite posts on my weblog? 66800

  2. 164717 304781Im often to blogging and i in actual fact respect your content. The piece has actually peaks my interest. Im going to bookmark your content and preserve checking for brand new details. 956285

  3. nova88 says:

    46184 601711I was reading by way of some of your content material on this internet site and I believe this web site is genuinely instructive! Keep putting up. 566701

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.