After several weeks of testing with developers, Apple has just released OS X 10.8.1 – the first maintenance update to OS X Mountain Lion! The update features a number of bug fixes and improvements, and weighs in at just 24.2MB.
The update is available now through Software Update on your Mac, as well as directly from Apple’s website. A full list of fixes can be found below:
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit this website.