The holidays are fast approaching, and with more people than ever using iOS devices, Apps and iTunes content can make great gifts! But did you know you gan gift apps straight from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iOS 6? Here’s how it’s done!
To gift an app from your iOS device, first launch the App Store. Select an app that costs at least $0.99 (it doesn’t work for free apps, for obvious reasons), and tap the sharing arrow next to the buy button. Next, enter your name and email address, as well as the email address of te person you want to gift the app to. You can also choose to either sent the gift right away, or schedule it for delivery on a certain date (a new feature added a couple of days ago!
That’s it! You’re all set. You can also gift an app from iTunes on your Mac using the following instructions:
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Open the iTunes Store (in the upper right hand corner), and choose the App Store.
- Find the app you want to give, then click the arrow near the buy button, and select the Gift this App option.
- You can choose between printing the gift, or sending it via email. Choose your option, fill out the info, and click Continue.
- Enter your iTunes password when prompted, enter a message if desired, and click Buy Gift.
That’s all there is to it! Enjoy the holidays, and Happy gifting!