A recent aerial photo, (via MacGeneration), from Ron Cervi, a news and traffic reporter for KCBS, shows work at Apple’s “Spaceship” Campus 2 project is coming along nicely, with most of the existing structures demolished.
Demolition on the site began in November after Apple received unanimous approval for the project from the Cupertino City Council.
The new construction is a short distance away from the company’s current “1 Infinite Loop” headquarters in Cupertino, California. Apple will plant over 4,500 trees covering 80% of the area at the new site, with the remaining 20% filled by the circular, 4-story structure that will hold up to 13,000 employees. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.