You’ve got that best-selling novel somewhere deep inside you. It’s in there, you just can’t put all of the pieces together. Or maybe you’re already writing the Great American Novel, and you have post-it notes about your plot and characters stuck all over your monitor, your desk, the wall behind your desk, the cat… There’s an easier way. Meet Scrivener 2.
MORE THAN MICROSOFT WORD
Ever tried writing a novel in Microsoft Word? Trust us, you don’t want to.
That’s why writing professionals around the world use Scrivener: it’s a word processor and project management tool that stays with you from your first, unformed idea all the way through to the final draft.
As you’re writing, outline your ideas, take notes, and view research all at once. Scrivener takes all the tools you have scattered around your desk and makes them available in one application.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Scrivener is a winner of two Macworld Eddy Awards, and has received great reviews from many industry magazines including MacFormat, Macworld, MacUser, MacLife and more.
It’s also being used by countless professionals – New York Times Best-Selling novelists, screenwriters, university professors, editors and journalists – who rely on their writing skills every day.
- Edit Multiple Documents – “Scrivenings” mode temporarily combines individual documents into a single text, allowing you to view and edit different sections of your manuscript in isolation or as a whole
- Snapshots – Taking a “snapshot” of a document allows you to edit and rewrite in the confidence that you can restore an earlier revision at any time
- Corkboard – Virtual index cards store a synopsis for every document you create, so you can storyboard and rearrange your project
- Outlining – A fully-featured outliner helps you take control of the structure of your work
- Scriptwriting – Switch to scriptwriting mode for automatic screen or stage play formatting—or set up your own script formats—then export to a dedicated scriptwriting program such as Final Draft
- QuickReference Panes – Load research documents or notes into floating windows for limitless access to reference material, even in full-screen mode
- Sync – Synchronize the text of your project with many popular mobile applications for the iPad and iPhone
- OS: OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or above
- Fully compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Intel Only: An Intel-based Mac is required
- Scrivener integrates with Mac OS X to support all languages, with Scrivener’s interface being available in English, German, Spanish and French