SanDisk is launching the iXpand USB Flash Drive, a new Made For iPhone/iPad flash drive that also includes an integrated Lightning connector. The device is designed to make it easier to transfer content between iOS devices and computers with a standard USB port.
The iXpand works with a companion iOS app that launches when the iExpand is plugged into the Lightning port on an iPhone or iPad. The app allows for streaming and viewing of files directly from the connected drive.
The app can also be configured to automatically sync photos and videos from the camera roll to the drive. Most popular video formats are supported by the iXpand device/app.
Specs of the iXpand include:
- Interface: Lightning and USB 2.0 connectors (one connector used at a time)
- Available in: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB**
- Mobile device compatibility: iPhone and iPad with Lightning connector and iOS 7.1 and higher
- PC/ Mac computer compatibility: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X v10.5+– no drivers needed
- Supported video formats: WMV, .AVI, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV
- Li-ion Battery (3.7V): pre-charged, ready to use
- Operational Temperature: 0~60° C
- Dimensions: 64.17mm x 36.78mm x 11.80mm
- Two year limited warranty
SanDisk will sell 16GB ($60) and 64GB ($120) models through its website and the drive will be available in stores soon. BestBuy currently has an exclusive on the $79 32GB, available Nov 16.
The SanDisk iXpand Sync app is FREE for iPhone and iPad in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]