Pixelmator for Mac received a version 3.3.1 update, which includes such new features as pinch to zoom, and resize and scroll features added to Shapes, Gradients, and Styles palettes. The Pixelmator Team also announced a new Pixelmator newsletter.
The update is available via the “Update” tab in the Mac App Store.
What’s New in Version 3.3.1
- Pinch to zoom support
- Resize and scroll features added to Shapes, Gradients, and Styles palettes.
Fixes and improvements
- The horizontal scrollbar is now properly visible, as is the document’s bottom side.
- The Info bar now displays X and Y coordinates properly.
- Fixed an issue where Control-clicking the canvas doesn’t bring up the shortcut menu.
- Double-clicking the title bar now minimizes the app when “Double-click a window’s title bar to minimize” is selected in System Preferences.
- Changing palettes’ size is now way faster and more responsive.
- The Zoom Tool’s slider is now more responsive.
- Pixelmator folder didn’t always appear on iCloud Drive. We’ve fixed it.
- No more memory leaks with Magic Wand and Paint Bucket, which means they work faster now.
- Fixed effects’ rope glitches while moving the rope handle.
- Clicking the Close All option no longer corrupts the palettes.
Stability and reliability
Fixes related to stability and reliability, including issues that could cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly or hang in these situations:
- When using Pixelmator actions in Automator. Also, we’ve improved the Fit Images action output quality.
- When exporting image to JPEG and PNG file formats.
- When exporting slices.
- When copying or pasting grouped layers with other than an sRGB color profile.
The Pixelmator Team also announced that a biweekly Pixelmator newsletter will be available in early 2015. If you want to join the news list, subscribe here: pixelmator.com/newsletter.
Pixelmator for Mac is available for $29.99 in the Mac App Store. [DIRECT LINK]