Back in 2013, we reviewed Newertech’s NuGuard KX case for the iPhone 5, and we loved it. Now the same folks have released a NuGuard KX case for the iPhone 6 Plus, and MacTrast was lucky enough to get our clumsy paws on one. Let’s take a look at the new NuGuard KX case and see if it brings the same “Military Drop Protection” to the iPhone 6 Plus.
The case is available in four different color combinations: red, black, blue (it’s a light blue), and “Midnight” (a dark blue). All of the combinations are stylish and the iPhone 6 Plus looks good in them. I chose the red option, (as seen above). The red shell is bound to the black X-Orbing gel inner shell.
Installation was a breeze. Simply insert your iPhone 6 Plus into the KX from the front side. The case fits securely around the device, forming a protective and secure layer of protection around it. While the case stays on securely, it’s is easy to remove the case if you need to.
The case isn’t as bulky as many highly-protective cases I’ve tested have been, yet it seems to protect it as well as any I’ve tried. The case, while highly-protective, still allows access to all of the buttons, switches and ports on the iPhone.
Many highly-protective cases don’t play well with other accessories, such as speaker and charging docks, and third-party lightning cords. While I was able to use my iPhone with the NuGuard KX case with a third-party lightning dock and two third-party lightning cables, your mileage may vary.
As for the protection offered by the NuGuard KX, the company has created some informative videos demonstrating how the company test the KX. I’ve included a 20 foot drop test video here, (Apple only requires cases to protect the iPhone from a minimum 3 foot fall), and the rest of the videos can be seen here.
Highlights of the Case Include:
- Revolutionary X-Orbing gel technology absorbs, evenly distributes kinetic energy
- One piece design – hard shell integrated with soft interior core
- Exceptional protection without being bulky
- Fast and simple install takes only seconds
- Easy access to all ports and buttons
- Cross hatch texture design offers secure hand grip, yet easy pocket/purse removal
- Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty
- No Risk, No Hassle 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
If you’re looking for a durable, protective case for your iPhone 6 Plus, you would do well to take a look at the NuGuard KX.
The case is a great value for the price, offers a 30-day no hassle money-back guarantee, and carries a lifetime warranty.
NuGuard KX cases are available for other iPhone models as well.
Price: $39.00 – iPhone 6 Plus ($29.00 for the iPhone 6 model) – Available Here
What I really liked:
- Easy to install
- Attractive styling and design
- Great protection
- The case itself allowed me to keep a better grip on my iPhone
- I was able to use all Lightning accessories with the case, even third-party accessories