If you’re a Sims fan, and a Mac users, you’ve likely been looking forward to today, as the formerly PC-only The Sims 4 is now available for the Mac! The latest installment in the long-running franchise is available via Origin, EA’s online gaming service.
In The Sims 4, you are in control of everything, the Sims careers, their hopes and dreams, and more. You guide the Sims through their life, building homes, meeting new friends, helping them advance through their careers, and attempting to meet their life goals.
There won’t be any physical copies of The Sims 4 for the Mac available at your local retailer, digital download from the Origin storefront is the only way to get it on your Mac.
If you’ve already downloaded or purchased the physical version of The Sims 4 for your PC, you should be able to download the Mac version for free. Nice.
You can download The Sims 4 for the Mac for a mere $39.99, or $46.66 for the Deluxe Version that includes the Up All Night Digital Content, Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, and the The Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack. If you’ve already purchased the digital content for the PC version, it should also work for the Mac version.
Recommended Specs for the Mac Version of The Sims 4:
- MINIMUM OS: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
- RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 10 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
- ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.
For more information, or to purchase The Sims 4 for the Mac, visit the Origin website.