Apple on Tuesday announced that its 26th annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will be held June 8 through June 12 at San Francisco’s Moscone West.
The company notes that more sessions that ever before will be streamed to developers. WWDC will feature more than 100 technical sessions, over 1,000 Apple engineers, hands-on labs to help developers integrate new technologies and fine tune their apps, as well as the Apple Design Awards which showcase the best new apps from the last year.
“The App Store ignited an app ecosystem that is simply amazing, forever changing the lives of customers and creating millions of jobs worldwide,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “We’ve got incredible new technologies for iOS and OS X to share with developers at WWDC and around the world, and can’t wait to see the next generation of apps they create.”
Developers wishing to apply for the $1,599 (USD) tickets via the WWDC website can do so, now through Friday, April 17 at 10AM PDT. Tickets will be issued to attendees through a random selection process, and developers will be notified of the status of their application by Monday, April 20 at 5PM PDT.
Apple will also make up to 350 WWDC Scholarships available, giving students and members of participating STEM organizations around the world the chance to earn a free ticket. For more information, visit: developer.apple.com/wwdc/scholarships.
WWDC 2015 activities include:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies
- Over 1,000 Apple engineers supporting more than 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps
- Access to the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and best practices for enhancing an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design
- The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented
- A series of get togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities
- Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.