Apple has updated the list of Apple Pay participating credit and debit card issuers today, adding 24 more banks and credit unions, (mostly credit unions), to the rolls.
Apple Pay now has nearly 250 participating issuers nationwide, and several hundred more plan to support the NFC-based mobile payment service in the future.
The full list of new Apple Pay friendly institutions:
- Bellwether Community Credit Union
- Benchmark Federal Credit Union
- Blackhawk Community Credit Union
- Community America Credit Union
- Community First Credit Union
- Connections Credit Union
- cPort Credit Union
- Denver Fire Department FCU
- Electro Savings Credit Union
- Elements Financial FCU
- First Financial Credit Union
- Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Harvard Universities Employees Credit Union
- Interra Credit Union
- Kern Schools Federal Credit Union
- Nusenda Credit Union
- People’s Trust Federal Credit Union
- Premier America Credit Union
- Premier Members Federal Credit Union
- SAFE Credit Union
- Scient Federal Credit Union
- The Bancorp Bank
- Tucson Federal Credit Union
- Union Bank & Trust Co.
Apple Pay is still U.S. only. However the mobile payments service will likely rollout in Canada in November, with other countries likely to soon follow.
Canada is an ideal candidate for an Apple Pay rollout, as merchants in much of that country are already equipped with the contactless payments terminals that are a requirement for Apple Pay.
Apple’s mobile payments service uses iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets to make contactless payments. The Apple Watch, released April 24, also enabled Apple Pay for iPhone 5, 5c, and 5s users.