Fitness tracking device maker Misfit has partnered with Swimwear company Speedo for the launch of the “Speedo Shine.” While the new device tracks the usual data, such as steps taken, sleep, and more, it also boasts swimming activity tracking abilities.
Speedo Shine is the first device of its kind that was designed with swimmers in mind. Proprietary lap counting algorithms embedded in the device’s firmware track a swimmer’s lap count with industry-leading accuracy, and works for all stroke types.
The waterproof device is worn on the wrist, and syncs with the Misfit app for iOS and Android and displays laps and swim distance, along with calories burned and points earned. The device will soon also work with Speedo’s personalized swim tracking app, Speedo Fit.
Speedo Shine is waterproof to 50 meters. Extremely thin and comfortable, the device is meant to be worn both in and out of the water, and also tracks walking, running, cycling, and light and deep sleep. Since it never requires charging, Speedo Shine makes activity, sleep, and swim tracking a seamless experience.
The Speedo Shine is made from aluminum, and is available in a new light silver color that Misfit refers to as “Pure,” and comes with a black or white band.
- Waterproof to 50 meters
- Counts laps—embedded with proprietary algorithms that track laps extremely accurately
- Micro-drilled holes in aircraft grade aluminum show you a halo of 12 LED lights that display your progress toward your daily activity goal; LEDs can also display the time
- Tracks swimming, walking, running, cycling, basketball, tennis, soccer, yoga, and dance; automatically tracks light and deep sleep
- See laps, steps, calories, distance, points, and hours of light and deep sleep on the Misfit app
- Syncs wirelessly via Bluetooth with the Misfit app for iOS and Android
- Never requires charging—battery lasts up to 6 months