Apple on Wednesday released OS X 10.11.1, the first update to their recently released El Capitan Mac operating system. The update is a performance and bug fix update.
OS X 10.11.1 can be downloaded via the “Update” tab in the Mac App Store to all users currently running OS X 10.11 El Capitan on their Mac.
OS X 10.11.1 fixes several major bug that have plagued El Capitan users since its release.
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
The update adds support for Unicode 7 and 8, adding new emoji that include taco, burrito, cheese wedge, middle finger, hot dog, popcorn, and unicorn head, which are are also included in today’s iOS 9.1 update.