Streaming radio fans who have invested in a new Apple TV will be glad to hear about Thumb Wizards‘ updated app for the fourth-generation streaming box. Radiant Radio allows Apple TV users to listen to any of over 30,000 radio stations from around the world.
Version 1.1 of the app adds the ability to search for stations in the app’s curated categories, including: genre, country, language, what’s popular, and news. The update also brings a redesigned station view screen, and more.
Users can simply browse through the stations, sampling anything that catches their fancy, or search for stations in categories including music, sports, news, and other information sources. Once a pleasing station is found, it can then be marked as a favorite, allowing easy access for listening at a later time.
- Search, discover and stream over 30,000 Internet radio stations from around the world
- Mark favorite stations for easy access
- Automatically stream the last station listened to whenever the app is loaded
- Stream stations in the background, while browsing other apps on the Apple TV
- A handy sleep timer allows users to play a station for 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes
Radiant Radio 1.1 is $4.99, and is available for the fourth-generation Apple TV in the tvOS App Store.