Microsoft’s one-handed predictive Windows Phone keyboard, Word Flow, has debuted on the iPhone. The keyboard allows traditional, one-handed, and a “swiping-between-the-letters” mode. The keyboard is available now, free in the App Store.
Word Flow for iPhone, a Microsoft Garage project, is a blazing fast keyboard that comes with free customization options and includes Arc mode for easy, ergonomic one-handed typing.
- Whether you’re tapping or swiping, Word Flow predicts what you’re trying to type and corrects mistakes.
- Word Flow intelligently suggests the next word in your sentence, and gets better at it over time.
- With access to your Contacts, Word Flow predicts the names of your contacts so you can go even faster.
Personalized – just how you like it
- You can customize Word Flow background using one of the images included in the app, or use your own favorite image.
- All the images included with the app are free and we’ll keep adding new ones.
Best for one-handed typing: Switch to Arc mode and easily reach keys on larger screens for a more ergonomic one-handed typing experience.
The keyboard offers a keyboard that, by default, resembles the normal iOS keyboard, but offering swipe-to-enter capabilities. With a single gesture, the keyboard can morph into a semi-circular layout, set in the corner of the screen, allowing easy text entry on larger screened iPhones. The keyboard is set in either the left or right side of the screen, depending on the direction of the swipe used to morph the keyboard, allowing for use by left-handed or right-handed users.
Word Flow also offers predictive typing, predicting the next word based on what has already been entered. Also included is a number of themes and backgrounds for additional customization. So far, the keyboard is available only in the United States, Microsoft hasn’t said when the keyboard will go international.
Word Flow Keyboard for the iPhone is available free, in the U.S. App Store. [GET IT HERE]