Apple on Monday released updates for the operating system for both the Apple Watch and the fourth-generation Apple TV. watchOS 3.1 and tvOS 10.0.1 are now available for download. Both updates offer bug fixes and performance enhancements.
The watchOS 3.1 update can be downloaded through the dedicated Watch app on an iPhone running iOS 10.1 by going to “General” -> “Software Update.” The Apple Watch must have 50% battery life remaining, be placed on an Apple Watch charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone.
watchOS 3 introduced a number of significant changes to the Apple Watch operating system. A new dock, several performance improvements, new navigation features, watchfaces and apps, new fitness-related features, and much more are available in the new version.
Today’s watchOS 3.1 update offers the following fixes and changes:
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could cause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice
- Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging
- Resolves an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some third-party apps.
The tvOS 10.0.1 update can be downloaded over-the-air via the Settings app on the Apple TV by going to “System” -> “Software Update.” If you have automatic software updates turned on, the upgrade to the new version of the operating system should happen automatically.
While the tvOS 10.0 update brought a number of new features to the fourth-generation set top box, today’s update appears to be focused on bug fixes and performance enhancements.