• Home
  • Mac
  • Rumors
  • Report: New ‘Entry-Level MacBook’ to Launch at WWDC 2018 in June

Report: New ‘Entry-Level MacBook’ to Launch at WWDC 2018 in June

Report: New ‘Entry-Level MacBook’ to Launch at WWDC 2018 in June

DigiTimes claims Apple is planning on launching a new 13.3-inch “entry-level MacBook” late in the second quarter of 2018. This suggests the new notebook could be unveiled at this year’s WWDC gathering in June.

Digitimes Research senior analyst Jim Hsiao expects shipments for the new MacBook to reach around four million units in 2018.

Hsiao pointed out that Apple originally looked to reduce cost by seeking panel supply for the new MacBook from a China-based maker, but the US-based vendor has decided to source the panels from Korea-based LG Display due to issues at the China supplier.

The report says the 13.3-inch a-Si panels for the MacBook will boast the same resolution as Apple’s 13.3-inch MacBook Pro at 2,560 by 1,600.

The report indicates that assembly would be doled out to the tune of Quanta Computer getting 70% of the orders and Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) getting the remaining 30% share.

The DigiTimes report indicates Apple will be releasing a refreshed version of its 9.7-inch iPad in the second quarter of 2018, and a new iPad Pro in the second half of the year.

As usual, take reports like this with a grain of your favorite salt substitute, and things can change greatly before any official announcement is made.

Topics

Related

  1. Wallpaper Weekends: Travel Plans for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch
  2. Thunderbolt Display in Short Supply at 3rd-Party Resellers – New Models Coming Soon?
  3. Twitter for Mac and iOS Updated With Direct Message Syncing, Improved Search, New ‘People’ Button & More
  4. Firefox 8 to Launch Tomorrow, Already Available for Download
  5. This Multi-Touch iDesk Concept is the Home Office of the Future
  6. uBar 3.0 Released – Brings Custom Timepieces, Visual Window Previews, More
Apple Giveaways

iPhone X Giveaway

$999

Enter

MacBook Pro Giveaway

$1499.00

Enter

10.5″ iPad Pro Giveaway

$649.00

Enter

iPhone 8 Plus Giveaway

$800.00

Enter
Share