Apple has announced the addition of a new section in their Apple News app that is dedicated to coverage of the 2018 midterm elections in the United States. The coverage will run from now through November.
The 2018 Midterm Elections section helps readers follow the latest on the elections with breaking news, exclusive highlights and analysis from reliable sources selected by Apple News’ team of experienced editors. Readers can quickly get up to speed on the most relevant topics and candidates by accessing the new section in the Apple News app from a banner across the top of the For You tab, as well as through Top Stories and the Spotlight tab.
The 2018 Midterm Elections section will include features with stories curated by Apple News editors from trusted publishers:
- The Conversation, a collection of opinion columns about hot-button issues that are intended to offer readers a full range of ideas and debate about important subjects, from news sources they may not already follow.
- On the Ground, which highlights quality reporting about issues that matter to local constituents on the most important races.
While the section will include coverage from Fox News, Vox, and other publishers, it will also offer exclusive content, including:
- The Washington Post’s “Election Now,” a dashboard that brings to life important primary races by contextualizing key data like current polling, what pundits are saying and survey data on voter enthusiasm.
- A weekly briefing from Axios, featuring analysis of the most important developments as the primaries unfold.
- Politico’s “Races to Watch,” which looks at a collection of races offering important themes and trends to voters.
The new section is a U.S.-only feature, and will be available through November. It can be accessed in the Apple News app from a banner in the “For You” tab, and through “Top Stories” and the “Spotlight” tab.