Apple on Tuesday posted a new support document that offers troubleshooting steps for users who are seeing their entry-level 2019 13-inch MacBook Pro shut down unexpectedly.
Some users have reported their MacBook unexpectedly shuts down while running on battery, even though there is plenty of battery life left.
Apple offers up a series of steps to follow to resolve the issue.
If your MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) randomly turns off when it still has a charge, these steps might help:
- If your MacBook Pro’s battery is less than 90 percent charged, continue to step 2. If your battery is more than 90 percent charged, use your computer until the percentage drops below 90 percent, then continue to step 2.
- Connect your Mac to its power adapter.
- Quit all open applications.
- Close your computer’s lid, which puts your Mac in to sleep mode.
- Let your Mac charge for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, update to the latest version of macOS.
Apple says if the issue persists after following the above steps, users should contact Apple Support.