Apple’s long-awaited iPhone SE will finally be available for preorder on Friday, April 17. The new handset features a 4,7-inch display, A13 Bionic chip, Touch ID home button, storage options up to 256GB, and more.
The new lower-cost iPhone boasts a single-lens 12-megapixel wide-angle camera with Portrait mode support, as well as a 7-megapixel front camera. The device offers a glass-backed design like the iPhone 8 and is capable of Qi-certified wireless charging.
Apple’s marketing chief Phil Schiller said about the new iPhone SE:
The first iPhone SE was a hit with many customers who loved its unique combination of small size, high-end performance and affordable price; the new second-generation iPhone SE builds on that great idea and improves on it in every way — including our best-ever single-camera system for great photos and videos — while still being very affordable. iPhone SE features the industry-leading performance of A13 Bionic that enables great battery life, takes stunning Portrait mode and Smart HDR photos, shoots amazing videos with stereo audio, is great for games and super fast web surfing, and is built with the same industry-leading security features our customers expect. We can’t wait to get iPhone SE into customers’ hands.
The new iPhone SE will be available in black, white and (PRODUCT)RED and pre-ordering begins at 5 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, April 17. Select Apple Authorized Resellers and carriers will begin selling the new iPhone SE starting Friday, April 24 in the United States and more than 40 other countries and regions.
Pricing starts at $399 in the United States with 64GB of storage, with 128GB and 256GB options available for $449 and $549 respectively.
Battery life for the new handset will be about the same as the iPhone 8 it resembles. Other features include IP67-rated water resistance, Wi-Fi 6, and no headphone jack. (If that can be called a “feature.”)
Pricing and Availability
- iPhone SE will be available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models in black, white and (PRODUCT)RED starting at $399 (US). Customers can also get iPhone SE for $9.54 a month or $229 with trade-in from apple.com, in the Apple Store app and Apple Stores.6 iPhone SE is available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
- iPhone SE is available to pre-order on apple.com and the Apple Store app beginning at 5 a.m. PDT on Friday, April 17, and will be available from Apple, Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers on Friday, April 24, in the US and more than 40 other countries and regions.
- Apple TV+ is available on the Apple TV app on iPhone, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms including online (tv.apple.com), for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. Customers who purchase iPhone SE can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free.7
- Customers with questions about iPhone SE or which iPhone is right for them can contact a Specialist at 1-800-MY-APPLE or start a chat in Messages directly from the Apple Store app.
- Anyone who purchases online from Apple will receive free no-contact home delivery and the option to trade in their current iPhone for credit toward the purchase of iPhone SE.8
- Customers get 3 percent Daily Cash when they buy iPhone SE from Apple with Apple Card.
- Customers can extend their limited warranty with AppleCare+ and AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, and get 24/7 priority access to technical support.
- A portion of proceeds for iPhone SE (PRODUCT)RED purchases will go directly to Global Fund’s newly established COVID-19 Response — providing funding to countries in need of PPE, diagnostics treatment, lab equipment, public safety communications, supply chain support and more — as well as HIV/AIDS grants that provide testing, counseling, treatment and prevention programs with a specific focus on eliminating transmission of the virus from mothers to their babies.