Apple continues to try to deal with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, reinstating mask mandates for its stores that are open and shutting its doors in several locations.
As first reported recently by Mark Gurman of Bloomberg, Apple has opted to close its retail stores across New York City due to the influx of infections. While shoppers will be turned away and no Genius Bar appointments are being taken for shuttered locations, folks can still pick up online orders.
Apple has closed its major retail stores in New York City, including its Fifth Avenue, Grand Central, SoHo, and World Trade Center locations
Now on @theterminal: Apple has closed its New York City retail stores to shoppers because of the Covid spike. That includes Fifth Ave, Grand Central, SoHo and all major flagships. Pick-up in store of online orders is still available. Previous closures: https://t.co/OKYDkXSrs8
— Mark Gurman (@markgurman) December 27, 2021
There is no word on when the stores will reopen for normal business hours/shopping.
As tallied by MacRumors, Apple has closed more than 20 retail stores due to the COVID-19 surges.
The full list of locations that are temporarily closed today:
- Apple Carnegie Library in Washington, D.C.
- Apple Century City in Los Angeles, CA
- Apple Beverly Center in Los Angeles, CA
- Apple Walnut Street in Philadelphia, PA
- Apple Baybrook in Friendswood, TX
- Apple First Colony Mall in Sugar Land, TX
- Apple Highland Village in Houston, TX
- Apple Memorial City in Houston, TX
- Apple Willowbrook Mall in Houston, TX
- Apple The Woodlands in The Woodlands, TX
- Apple Crocker Park in Westlake, OH
- Apple Eton in Woodmere, OH
- Apple Summit Mall in Akron, OH
- Apple Fair Oaks in Fairfax, VA
- Apple Potomac Town Center in Woodbridge, VA
- Apple Cumberland Mall in Atlanta, GA
- Apple Lenox Square in Atlanta, GA
- Apple Saddle Creek in Germantown, TN
- Apple The Gardens Mall in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Apple Pheasant Lane in Nashua, NH
- Apple Towson Town Center in Towson, MD
Five stores in Washington state are also closed today following inclement weather:
- Apple Alderwood in Lynnwood, WA
- Apple Bellevue Square in Bellevue, WA
- Apple Southcenter in Tukwila, WA
- Apple Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, WA
- Apple University Village in Seattle, WA