• iPad

Too Hot to Handle: Users Report Overheating Issues with the New iPad

Too Hot to Handle: Users Report Overheating Issues with the New iPad

Apple’s latest iPad has certainly been a hot item – an idea that, according to CNET, may be true in more ways than one. Many users on the MacRumors forums and in Apple’s online support community report that the device’s lower left-hand corner can become uncomfortably warm during use.

Reports vary between claims that the device gets only slightly warm during use to more extreme claims that the device becomes so warm that it can no longer be comfortably used, such as Apple support community user BeersYourFriend, who states that his device became “scorching hot.”

Try playing Real Racing 2, and tell me if yours gets hot or not… I just got done playing about 10 minutes of Real Racing 2, and it is scorching Hot!!! Thank god I have a case, but when I slide my had into the case to feel the back, it its Hot Hot Hot! Not temperature errors yet, and am surprised its able to function at such high temps… What’s going on here?

Apple has yet to release a statement or support article about the issue. I’ve found that my new iPad does get warmer than my iPad 2, but certainly doesn’t get “uncomfortably warm” under any circumstance. What about you? Are you experiencing overheating issues?

Update: Apple has responded to concerns about the new iPad’s temperature in a statement to The Loop, confirming that the device operates well within their thermal specs:

“The new iPad delivers a stunning Retina display, A5X chip, support for 4G LTE plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications,” Apple representative Trudy Muller, told The Loop. “If customers have any concerns they should contact AppleCare.”

1. Chris Hauk says:

I played Real Racing 2 for about 2 hours last night, and it did get warm, but not uncomfortable.

2. Dl Betty says:

Well it got a little warm when I was painting on it for a few hours, a bit but no worse than any other tablet or phone I’ve used, it’s not a problem for me

3. Nbourk_9400 says:

I was able to warm a burrito and surf the web, it’s a win win. Lol

4. Michel says:

I am using my iPad now and it is perfectly cool to the touch, unlike my laptop…

5. Chris Peterson says:

Like he said, he had it in a case. Temperature tests were probably done without a case – it’s probably built to expel heat with the body design. Trapping heat in will probably make it “HOT HOT HOT”

6. Gene Pool says:

Mine got extremely warm playing ‘Draw Something’ 16GB WiFi model

7. Zmidwest says:

Warm, definitely not hot

8. Yea, thank god he has a case. Else the aluminum back would dissipate all that precious heat.

9. 500126 254691hey was just seeing should you minded a comment. i like your site and the theme you picked is super. I will likely be back. 832144

10. 13404 774383Ive just been talking to Sean Gallagher about his upcoming Instant Income Cash Machine course, and hes been kind enough to fill me in on a few details regarding his upcoming course. 257336

11. 78449 577203Maximize your by how a large amount of gear are employed internationally and will often impart numerous memory making use of that your is also fighting that is really a result from our team rrnside the twenty 1st centuries. day-to-day deal livingsocial discount baltimore washington 406428

12. 453620 137748you can have a amazing weblog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog? 678453