Facebook Releases Facebook Messenger For iPhone

Facebook Releases Facebook Messenger For iPhone

Zuckerberg and friends are at it again – FaceBook has just launched a new iOS app called Facebook Messenger for iPhone (Free, App Store Link) that allows you to use Facebook chat to talk to your Facebook friends even when you’re away from your computer.

Facebook seems to bill the app as an alternative to text messaging and email. I’m not too convinced about that – Facebook chat is just IM, which has been around for eons and has yet to make a significant dent in text messaging.

Nevertheless, if you are a big fan of Facebook chat and can’t be without it, here’s you chance to take it with you wherever you may roam! Facebook Messenger is available now from the iTunes App Store (Free, App Store Link)

1. Ed Hope says:

only available in the US?! rubbish

2. MalcyChan says:

This is available in the US only, not in the UK yet.

3. Niki C says:

There’s a chat in the Facebook app for iPhone, why such a big deal about this, the only difference is that it has it’s own icon, I mean, it’s always good to have an extra option, but no big deal.

4. Exclusive says:

Only available in US.. this is the reason I jailbreak my iPhone… even free apps are not available in my country…

5. Fail. says:

Fuck you app store!

1. Riggsy says:

Not the app store… That’s a FB issue.

6. Musadabdullah says:

Not available outside US only. Obviously the writer forgot to mention that. Typical!

7. I’m so freaking tired of things only available in the US.

8. gymwear says:

822453 997693Hi there! I basically want to give a huge thumbs up for the excellent data you could have appropriate here on this post. I will likely be coming again to your weblog for far more soon. 385360

9. good cvv vbv says:

793333 950929Any way Im going to be subscribing for a feed and I hope you post again soon 597189

10. 344145 446736Someone essentially lend a hand to make critically articles Id state. That will be the 1st time I frequented your internet site page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual post extraordinary. Wonderful activity! 978943