• iPhone

iPhone 5 To Launch Concurrently On Sprint, Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile

iPhone 5 To Launch Concurrently On Sprint, Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile

Following our report yesterday that Apple’s upcoming iPhone 5 will be arriving on the Sprint network, a contact within T-Mobile who claims to have been briefed on the matter has informed us that, in addition to arriving on Sprint at launch, the iPhone 5 will arrive on T-Mobile’s network at launch as well.

The informant, who requested to remain anonymous, went on to claim that the iPhone 5 would also operate at 3G speeds on T-Mobile US network. Current unlocked iPhone 4 units can only operate at 2G “edge” speeds on T-Mobile’s network, and lack certain network-dependent features, such as Visual Voicemail.

Further elaborating on the matter, the informant suggested that T-Mobile USA expects the iPhone 5 to launch sometime in early to mid October, which corresponds nicely with current speculation. He also expects the iPhone 5 to make a significant financial difference to T-Mobile. Our source was quoted as saying the following:

We expect the addition of the iPhone, and the iPhone 5’s ability to run on our 3G network to make a significant financial difference for T-Mobile.

If true, these claims, in conjunction with the notion that the iPhone 5 may launch on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T simultaneously, could indicate that the iPhone 5 could launch as an unlocked phone capable of use on any network, without containing any carrier restrictions. This would make a high degree of sense, and would serve to ease Apple’s shipping and distribution, as well as making it easier for consumers to choose which carrier they’d like to use.

1. Jordan B says:

OMG if this is legit true, im staying with tmo. at&t is garbage and vzw is hella expensive.

1. Julmcrey2 says:

AT&T bought T-Mobile.

1. Not yet – that purchase still hasn’t been approved/finalized.

2. Tony says:

NOT YET….

3. Not Ever, this deal will never pass.  There’s too many faults with the merger plus doesn’t help the fact that Att has lied to the officials investigating the merger.  wow so many ignorant people to the facts I see.

1. TweetMo says:

Normally I’d say, it’s just going to happen. But the more that comes out, I’m really thinking there’s a chance that the acquisition may fall flat on its face… or at least I hope!

1. Fanfare034 says:

Well, the us is suing the company(ies) to block the merger….which means it could take years and atat might just give up…

2. Mr B says:

Yes, the merger/buy out was denied, but AT&T is taking it to appeals.  The deal will eventually go through, just not likely very soon.  Count on it

4. Brenda says:

no they denied the merger today

1. Dmurphy923 says:

Bull shit! No they have not yet. The government is the only group showing interest in stopping the deal.

1. Dmurphy923 says:

Sorry. It is still up in arms with the government, they are suing to have the deal stopped.

2. LHairstonX says:

They are suing at&t because the merger will violate the laws about monopolies if a corporation gets too big it may interfere with many decisions and violate rights

3. Ageiger says:

It wouldn’t be a monopoly though. Not yet at least. There’s still Sprint AND Verizon and smaller, independent phone companies.. It would be a monopoly if Sprint or Verizon went out of business.. Which I doubt will happen in the next 5 years, especially if this iPhone 5 to Sprint rumor is true.

4. Mactrast says:

Wrong. All current T-Mobile customers also don’t want this deal. AT&T wants to buy out a competitor they know they can’t compete with. Shockingly the government, for once, seems to actually have a clue here.

5. Nieves_isaiah says:

I don’t think all T-Mobile customers don’t want the deal – the only ones who don’t want it are those who have fully realized what the merger will mean.
            The merger – if it goes through – will cause T-Mobile and AT&T to gain millions of subscribers  because who wouldn’t want to be with the largest US mobile network carrier? But then AT&T and T-Mobile will grow greedy and their connection charges will skyrocket.
            However, if the merger doesn’t go through, a substantial amount of T-Mobile subscribers will leave the company for other companies, such as Metro PCS, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and so on. Now these individual companies will grow greedy and skyrocket their prices as well.
            However, there is a small chance that AT&T & T-Mobile will not grow greedy, providing that the merger goes through. And if it does, I’m pleading that they won’t grow corrupt.
            I feel that all GSM companies and all CDMA companies in the US should combine into two separate companies – one for the GSM lovers and another for those loyal to CDMA. They should all keep their prices equally low, to make it fair. And there will be no greed, no thirst for power, because they will be equals. I’m hoping this happens eventually.

5. Peter19777 says:

Sprint stop it….

6. Luis Salado says:

The government put on a halt on the merger due to the fact that it would more than likely casue a monopoly within the carrier industry. the combined power of T-Mobile and At&t would equivalate to a combined market share of around 70%.

7. 3h0125 says:

no they did not the merger did not go thru

8. Kimberly Hill27203 says:

no, they haven’t.  it may be years before at&t will have t-mobile.  read about the dept of justice lawsuit against it.

9. Jones_rahjeeyah says:

no they didnt i am a tmobile customer and they have to go to court 1st

10. Gary M says:

the merger fell through

11. Ashtonsgames says:

No they didn’t. It fell through, and they were never going to anyways. It was all a big scam to make people switch to AT&T thinking they would lose their plan with T-Mobile.

2. super mario bro says:

WORD!!!!!

2. Guest says:

THIS IS AWESOME!

3. BHA says:

If the Iphone 5 will show up at TMO, then I will not switch carriers. AT&T is running my daughter crazy, shut off after paying up. It seems the deathstar does not know its right hand from its left. Verizon has a great network, but they kept “adding” stuff to my bill. I asked for an explanation and they could not do it. I kept them until I could drop them and I left them cold. TMO always can explain the bill, always know where I am at with minutes and text. Now if they only had the Iphone (especially the elusive Iphone “5”, it would be wonderful…….

1. Anonymous says:

Maybe T-Mobile will become too expensive for AT&T to buy if the approval gets delayed and the iPhone bumps up T-Mobile’s subscriber base.

2. Sebwang45 says:

TMOBILES THE SHIT

1. Tmobile 24/7 all day says:

Ur face is shit try tmobile for 3 months n u will love it

1. Rolling My Eyes At Ignorance says:

He wasn’t being insulting!

Saying somthing is “The Shit” is a compliment in slang!

Which makes what you said an insult, and made you look FOOLISH! **SMH**

4. taxidermized says:

I’ve been a T-mobile customer for 12 years and their customer service is extraordinary! Probably the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I have also tried AT&T and dumped them quickly. I am surprised Apple did not go to T-Mobile first, especially considering AT&T’s abysmal performance on that front.

1. FtKnoxTMO says:

Dito on that, been with them for over 12 years (Apr. 1999) even before VoiceStream, remember PowerTel.  But still the best prices, best customer service.  Heck, I am a retired Verizon Manager and can’t even get Verizon service where I live, so DeathStar or Scrimpt the only other option, so staying and praying that the iPhone 5 is coming to TMO, has at least a 4″ screen, a screaming dual core processor, 8MP camera, 1080P video, and please, please add a micro sd slot.  Hate paying these over the top prices for memory that apple charges for upgrades.  $100 for 16GB upgrade…..)-:

2. same here, I’ve been with T-Mobile/Voicestream for the same amount of time and have loved every second of it.  Now I’m an Android user but I’d welcome anything that strengthens T-Mobile’s financial portfolio regardless of what my personal preferences are.  I welcome Apple to Magenta, let competition thrive!

3. DR says:

I must agree with you, they are by far the best at customer service….ever since I joined when they were VoiceStream in 98

5. Michael Lee says:

Yesss, Finally!!!!!

6. Pingback: iHackBLOG
  7. Pingback: - Vivi Capena
  8. Anonymous says:

T Mobile iPhone? This is the ONLY reason why I don’t have an iPhone right now. I’ve been with T Mobile for 5 years after leaving Sprint, and haven’t looked back.

9. Janine says:

Really hope this is true. I am with T-Mob now. I was with Sprint for my very first cell for a year, then AT&T (succeeding year)…and finally T-Mob since 2003 till the present on the same plan. Talk about T-Mob loyalty!! And I ain’t leaving for a hell of a chance to anywhere else….

The time for a real UPGRADE to an iPhone 5…still with T-Mob!

To the T-Mob/AT&T merger…I’d say AT&T, GTH!!!!

10. Eric B says:

Ok. Am I missing something? Why not HSPA? It’s like taking a step backwards.

11. Trucco says:

I wonder why it only mentions 3g for data speed on the iphone 5. Is this going to be a hardware limitation on the iphone 5 that will not be capable of 4g data?

12. BHA says:

Now that Steve Jobs is stepping down, an iPhone 5 takeover of all the major carriers would be fantastic. Wall Street would show their approval by watching Apple stock rise. This would be a win-win situation for all. Now if TMO would bring back unlimited data at the same time as the iPhone unveiling, they would be the greatest carrier on the planet. (I know, Sprint has this now, but competition would bring it back). Come on guys, make this happen….

13. macman37 says:

With T-Mobile finally getting the iPhone, this will be great news for both their subscribers and the U.S. competition amongst mobile phone carriers.  A lot of people want a network that has great phones, affordable price plans, and great customer service; and that’s what T-Mobile is.  They’re great for demographic categories like college students.  Hopefully, this announcement will be enough to stop the AT&T and T-Mobile merger/acquisition; the leaked letter that we found about recently is showing some contradictory reasons why AT&T needs T-Mobile.  Too bad for AT&T; they fumbled with that leak.  Hopefully as well, this will give Deutche Telekom a reason to pursue with their original plan of buying Sprint once they upgrade their network to LTE; and merge it with T-Mobile USA.  I, like others, feel that Phil Humm has played AT&T for a fool by agreeing to this merger and seeing if it gets approved by the FCC and DoJ; AT&T will pay T-Mobile $6 billion in total {$3 billion will be used to help T-Mobile build out their 4G LTE network}.  Humm wants a good chance to prove to Deutche Telekom that he can turn things around for T-Mobile USA by getting the $6 billion when this deal fails; and have Deutche Telekom follow their original plan of buying Sprint.  Yes, there will be one less competition in the future; but it beats the possibility of having 2 eventually if the AT&T and T-Mobile merger gets approved.  Sprint knows this; and that is why they do not want to see the merger approved.

14. macman37 says:

With T-Mobile finally getting the iPhone, this will be great news for both their subscribers and the U.S. competition amongst mobile phone carriers.  A lot of people want a network that has great phones, affordable price plans, and great customer service; and that’s what T-Mobile is.  With so many unlocked iPhones on T-Mobile USA since its’ inception on June ’07, it’s great to see Apple finally respond to this demand.  They’re great for demographic categories like college students.  Hopefully, this announcement will be enough to stop the AT&T and T-Mobile merger/acquisition; the leaked letter that we found about recently is showing some contradictory reasons why AT&T needs T-Mobile.  Too bad for AT&T; they fumbled with that leak.  Hopefully as well, this will give Deutche Telekom a reason to pursue with their original plan of buying Sprint once they upgrade their network to LTE; and merge it with T-Mobile USA.  I, like others, feel that Phil Humm has played AT&T for a fool by agreeing to this merger and seeing if it gets approved by the FCC and DoJ; AT&T will pay T-Mobile $6 billion in total {$3 billion will be used to help T-Mobile build out their 4G LTE network} and he knows it.  Humm wants a good chance to prove to Deutche Telekom that he can turn things around for T-Mobile USA by getting the $6 billion when this deal fails; and have Deutche Telekom follow their original plan of buying Sprint.  Yes, there will be one less competition in the future; but it beats the possibility of having 2 eventually if the AT&T and T-Mobile merger gets approved.  Sprint knows this; and that is why they do not want to see the merger approved.  As far as us getting a 4G LTE iPhone, we are really looking at approximately 2 years; that’s when our 4 major carriers may have LTE released in enough markets.  Pathetic AT&T currently only has announced 5 for this summer and about 13 by the end of this year, while Verizon has at least 38 more.

1. Nearmsp says:

More lies to prevent the flight of customers from T-mobile to Verizon. I have been hearing for years that the iPhone is expected at T-mobile. I tend not to believe news article attributed to anonymous sources.

2. Nearmsp says:

15. Tampaguy says:

Not to sound like a wise guy, But is this a high level employee that would know ?

16. Ryan says:

T-Mobile is great, but I left to Verizon. WAY better coverage. But It’s getting closer and closer to 2012, and nothing has really stopped the merger between the 2 companies. I think it’s going to go through. And IF T-Mobile did get an iPhone 5 custom for T-Mobile’s 3G/maybe 4G freg, it would not work on AT&T at all, you would only get Edge. Why would Apple make the risky move? They wouldn’t make a profit in the end.

17. M Eisele says:

I agree… T-Mobile really stands out in the Customer Service area……Always prompt, on the phone I get to talk to a real person usually within minutes… They let me pay my bill late and seem way more flexible with billing issues/arrangements than other companies… Hope that made sense…. T_Mobile GOOOOD……. (Imagine me saying that in a caveman voice)

18. Nathalyvelilla says:

I really hope this is true. I have been a t mobile customer for over 10 years.I just hope the rate plan doesnt change with the iPhone coming aboard. iPhone and tmobile would’ve nice

19. Joecornberg97 says:

When is the iPhone 5 coming out in the uk

20. I cant wait..I dont want to switch to another carrier to get an Iphone..

21. Karl_malone30 says:

Shoooo that’s watz up , but what type of plan/plans will tmobile bee offering when the iphone 5 comes out?

22. BearDown says:

I hope we can put all these rumors to rest come October. I’ve been waiting for this day for 4 years. If it’s true, I can’t wait to put my iPhone 2g to bed and get the latest and greatest iPhone with my Tmobile upgrade!

23. thomas says:

Tmobile my favorites campany for Ever AND EVER
       THOMAS TUFFA

24. Brendav2o9 says:

i hope iphone does go to tmobile,now that fed has denied the merger! it would totally bump up sales for tmobile and people wouldnt leave tmoblie. i have had tmo for over 7 years now and i love it… ive tried sprint and at&t and they dont compare… i hear verizon has great service but its really pricey! lets hope tmobile gets the ihone 5! that means ill be staying with them. guess well have to wait and see till early to mid october!

25. Johnsantiago114 says:

the government has not approved the purchase due tot he fact that they don’t want At&T to become a monopoly.

26. Djpro99 says:

My one comment is People need to wake up the $50.00 dollar will not fully work
    On the iphone 5 you will have to get onna plan now that includes unlimited everything
    Amd get grandfathered when the ipone hits the store

27. Shawna Baca says:

Haha! I have been a  T-Mobile customer for 10 years and contemplated for the last two years to get an iPhone but did not want to move over to Verizon or AT&T’s network.  Now my day of reckoning is approaching…

28. Zekekjelland says:

I was on the Tmobile website a few minutes ago and in the fine print on the bottom of one of the pages it said this: ” iPhone and Facetime are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc” I have an unlocked iPhone for Tmobile and obviously Tmobile doesn’t have the iPhone so I’m wondering if this could be a clue.

29. Anonymous says:

I Had Tmobile for years after leaving Sprint who sucked majorly!!  I left Tmobile because I wanted the Iphone. At the end of the day Android is no substitution!! If the Iphone went to Tmobile I would not hesitate going back.  tmobile is much cheaper than At&t!!

30. Justin Thill says:

The takeover is complete….

31. Lina says:

I hope T-Mobile launches the I-Phone. I have been a faithful t-mobile customer and is waiting patiently to be able to get an I-phone… Can’t wait…

32. Ctc9th says:

so when the i phone 5 droppin

33. Cjshack44 says:

at&t cant buy tmobile because of the monopoly rule.

34. Steve Horn says:

I would like to say that it was not denied, it is on hold to see about it being a “monopoly,” which it is not, it is just a matter of the hearing for this matter. You don’t have to get t-mo/at&t so its not a monoply and will happen. The real question is how long will it take for  the court date.

35. Jose_damian says:

I always wanned the Iphone on t-mobile
    *come guys… make it up 😀

36. Doug Grosse says:

actually sprint is against the att/tmobile merger as well as the ftc.

37. Bambi says:

T-mobile= iPhone 5 with wifi calling? Hip Hip Horay!!!!

38. Fani says:

amazing

39. Diann Aguas says:

I hope tmo gets the iphone, I’ve been waiting. I love tmobile and I haven’t swtiched cause I’m hoping and waiting for them to get the iphone. Hopefully they do.

40. Tina says:

At&t did not buy tmobile. Thank god!

41. Tina.W says:

The government did not allow AT&T to buy T-mobile. So there for T-mobile is still in business!!!

42. Harmonychanel says:

how much is the iphoe 5?

43. J Marie8722 says:

This is fake advertisement for tmobile! I just got off the phone with customer care they say they don’t have any updates when a iPhone 5 is coming out!

44. Stephaniecarlson20 says:

ok….but when does a iPhone come out fro T-Mobile?! I’m getting my first phone this summer & i want a iPhone but i have T-Mobile & My mom asked me what i want & i said “iPhone! It’s coming out in April for T-Mobile! 😀 ” & it’s not out! SO… will someone PLEASE tell me!?

45. Sonya Harris says:

Pays the Lord, I will be waiting when the store opens if this is true.