The Mac certainly has a bit of catching up to do with Windows regarding Call of Duty, however developer Aspyr has announced that Black Ops (the first one) will be coming to the Mac in the fall, slightly bridging the gap between the two operating systems.
It’s worth pointing out though that as the Mac only receives the first edition of Black Ops, Black Ops II will be coming out at the same time on Windows, so there remains a significant gap between the two platforms.
“Aspyr has worked with the biggest brands in the entertainment world, but the launch of the original Call of Duty: Black Ops for Apple fans is our biggest in 17 years. Treyarch has created a masterpiece and we are thrilled to launch later this year,” said Ted Staloch, Aspyr’s Executive Vice President.
It’s certainly not the latest and greatest in COD action, but it’s definitely better than nothing and Mac users will be delighted they can get their hands on some FPS action.
- The hallmark intensity of Call of Duty returns with a cinematically intense single-player campaign that takes players deep behind enemy lines as an elite Black Ops soldier engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe.
- ZOMBIES! For the first time on the Mac, fight to survive in one of the most thrilling and critically acclaimed co-op experiences in gaming.
- Expanding on the series’ ultimate multiplayer experience, Call of Duty: Black Ops takes competitive play to new heights. Expect the fast-paced, action-packed combat you love with more features than ever before:
- All new Killstreaks including Napalm Strikes, the remote controlled explosive device (RC Car), and controllable helicopters.
- Customize the look of your soldiers with a variety of face paints, gun camos, and equipment options.
- Jump into Combat Training and hone your tactics against A.I. bots in both Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch game modes.