Valentine’s Day PSA: Netflix Streaming Cheating is on the Rise

Valentine’s Day PSA: Netflix Streaming Cheating is on the Rise

Today is Valentine’s Day, so we’re offering this Public Service Announcement in the hopes you’ll stop cheating on your Netflix bingeing partner.

Valentine's Day PSA: Netflix Streaming Cheating is on the Rise
Photo via Complex.

It happens to the best of us: You start watching a show with your significant other and you’re both really into it. Then, one night, you find yourself alone in bed and the temptation to hit play on just one more episode is just too strong to resist. Suddenly you’ve been Netflix unfaithful. Better start practicing that shocked, “I can’t believe that character just did that” face or your S.O. will know about your indiscretion in no time. Here’s the good news: You’re not alone.

Netflix conducted an international study of over 30,000 couples who stream, and released its findings on Monday. It turns out that in over 48% of streaming couples in the U.S. at least one partner in the relationship is cheating and watches episodes ahead of their partner. The number of streaming cheaters has tripled since 2013.

Where the Netflix Cheaters Are

Sadly, these cheaters are not remorseful. Instead, 63% of all cheaters say they would do it more if they were sure they’d get away with it. Half of those who cheat are, (GASP!) repeat offenders. Residents of the U.S., Brazil, and Mexico are the heartless finks who cheated most often, while viewers in Netherlands, Germany, and Poland usually waited for their viewing partner to be available before catching the next episode.

Which Shows are Netflix Cheaters Watching?

The study shows that streaming couples with a member who strays are most often watching The Walking Dead, Orange is the New Black, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, or Marvel’s Daredevil. Apparently, Santa Clarita Diet viewers apparently just enjoy a somewhat unusual diet and weren’t surveyed for this study.

If you think your partner is cheating on you, look for telltale signs. When you get home, is your Apple TV still warm? Does your partner say, “watch this,” when viewing a “new” episode? When selecting an episode, does Netflix give you an option to continue viewing it?

On this, the holiest of all corporate-created holidays, we at MacTrast ask you to stay true to your binge viewing partner. The couple that binges together chills together.

Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Bolton.

(Via MSN)

1. Exhaustare says:

495302 484730Good read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was performing some research on that. And he really bought me lunch as I located it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! 806542

2. 358910 869206Thank you for your extremely excellent information and feedback from you. car dealers in san jose 565697

3. Market says:

971037 577752whoah this weblog is magnificent i really like reading your posts. Keep up the wonderful work! You know, lots of folks are searching about for this information, you can help them greatly. 828200

4. 두리안 says:

541398 805807Um, think about adding pictures or more spacing to your weblog entries to break up their chunky look. 758351

5. 펀비 says:

649489 533612My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different internet site and thought I may possibly as nicely check points out. I like what I see so now im following you. Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly. 219918

6. Adams Good says:

No matter how good you are to them it doesn’t mean that they will treat you the same way. I have been married to my wife for years with no idea she was cheating. Suddenly i started noticing changes in behavior, i suspected something was wrong. So i confided in a friend who convinced and introduced me to Remotespytech. He was able to hack into my wife’s mobile phone, Text messages, Call logs, IG, browser history, deleted messages, Emails and WhatsApp . It seemed as though my life was spinning out of control getting to find out she has someone else. I filed for a divorce just could not continue with lies. If you feel you are been exploited in your marriage and you need proof. I suggest you contact( Remotespytech@ gmail . com or Whatsapp at +16892477465). Reach him for your spy and hacking job and be free, just like me today.

Email: REMOTESPYTECH (@) GMAILCOM

WhatsApp: +1 (689) 247-7465

7. benelli m4 says:

923602 493079Chaga mushroom tea leaf is thought-about any adverse health elixir at Spain, Siberia and a lot of n . Countries in europe sadly contains before you go ahead significantly avoidable the main limelight under western culture. Mushroom 128128